Prepping for the Holidays
The average cooking time for a Thanksgiving meal is 7 hours? The holidays put even a chef’s kitchen to the test! Here’s a few helpful tips you can use and pass on to your customer’s to help prepare for the season!
- Prevent Heat Damage: Be sure to use trivets to prevent heat damage. No countertop is completely heat proof.
- Wipe Up Spills Quickly: Leaving spills to penetrate the surface will leave your tops prone to staining.
- Deep Clean: After your guests have left, be sure to do a deep clean of surfaces using soap and water or a cleaner approved for stone to ensure no residue is left to sit.
- Clean Your Oven Early: Doing a deep clean of your oven a few weeks before the holidays ensures your oven is working smoothly prior to any big events! It also can prevent fires.
- Use A Cutting Board: We never recommend cutting directly on your countertop surface. Doing so will also dull your blades.
- Reseal Periodically: If you order the 15 year sealer on stone tops, fantastic! But some of your customers may be due for a re-seal. KBR can perform the service for any top we have installed!